Clear, Comfortable Vision
Clear, crisp, comfortable vision can also be convenient! Contact lenses give you the option to go glasses-free for sports, fashion, or just because you want to.
If you’ve ever been curious about contact lenses, we can help you explore your options. Our experienced team offers professional fittings, all the training you need to insert and remove your lenses with ease, and various lens types to suit many prescriptions.
Getting started with contact lenses is easy—book your fitting today!Book Appointment
Finding Your Fit
A contact lens prescription differs from your regular eyewear prescription. After all, contact lenses sit directly on the cornea. They are a medical device that requires careful fitting to ensure your comfort.
When you book a contact lens exam, we will evaluate your overall eye health to determine which lenses are best for your eyes. We’ll take some measurements to make sure we get the sizing right too. During the exam, we’ll discuss your lifestyle, vision needs, and your expectations from contact lens wear.
Maybe you’re someone who only wants to wear contact lenses on special occasions. Or perhaps you’re a busy parent with a jam-packed bedtime routine who doesn’t have the time to clean and put away the same pair of lenses every night.
No matter your situation, we’ll take the time to listen to your needs and find the right lens fit for you. Book your contact lens exam now.Book Appointment
Caring for Contacts
Contact lenses sit directly on the cornea, so you’ll need to follow your optometrist’s instructions carefully to make sure your eyes remain healthy. Serious infections can be associated with contact lens wear, so hygiene is of the utmost importance.
You can prevent infections by doing the following:
- Remove your lenses before you go to sleep (unless you have extended-wear lenses and your optometrist has approved sleeping in them).
- Book annual, comprehensive eye exams to make sure your eyes are still tolerating lenses well.
- Don’t shower, use a hot tub, or go swimming while wearing contact lenses.
- Replace and care for your lenses by following your optometrist’s instructions.
- If you have lenses that need to be cleaned, never do so using tap water.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them thoroughly before inserting or removing lenses.
Exams Are Essential
If you’re a regular contact lens wearer, it’s important to come for annual eye exams to ensure your eyes are tolerating the lenses well. But, if you experience any discomfort while wearing your contacts, don’t wait until your exam time comes up on the calendar.
Many people who experience discomfort give up on wearing lenses without looking for an alternative option.Dry eye is a common reason for people to go back to glasses. But, we can help you find another style of lens or a dry eye treatment to keep you in contacts.
Regular exams are also essential for keeping your prescription up-to-date and your vision sharp. If you have a current prescription and just need a refill, you can order your contact lenses online or come in and see us!Book Appointment
Elite Eyecare is located in the welcoming, small town of Hernando. Our office is easy to find! We are less than a mile from the Hernando exit off of Hwy 55. While on East Commerce Street, turn at the light onto McIngvale Road (south). We are in the Highland shopping center along with Napoli Physical Therapy, Buon Cibo, and Yellowfin Sushi. We are across the street from Wal-Mart. Call our office for directions!
- 2631 McIngvale Road, Suite 104
- Hernando, MS 38632
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed